Vembu VMBackup is the most cost effective Backup and Disaster Recovery software which offers backup and replication for VMware vSphere hosts and vCenter servers at an affordable price point.
- Host level VMware backup is designed to protect vSphere and vCenter environments using the VMware vStorage APIs (VADP)
- In addition to backup of VMware ESXi VMs, Vembu VM Replication ensures the high availability of business critical VMs. It creates a redundant copy of VMs on another ESXi host, in a ready-to-start state
- VMBackup uses the application-specific VSS writers to take consistent snapshots of MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, MS Active Directory and MS SharePoint. Also, it truncates log files after successful backup schedules.
- Agentless VMware Backup
- VM Replication for High Availability
- VMware Hot-Add and SAN transport mode for LAN free data transfer
- CBT enabled incremental data transfer using VMware VADP
- Supports VMware vSphere v6.5 which includes VMware Virtual Volumes and Virtual SAN
- Quick VM Recovery
- Application-Aware Image Backups
- VembuHIVE File System, a File System of File Systems for efficient backup storage
- Flexible & Configurable Retention Policies
- Vembu Universal Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint
RPO and RTO less than 15 mins
- You can instantly launch the backed up VMware virtual machines without restoring the entire VM backup
- Instant File-Level Recovery
- Instant item-level recovery tools for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL & SharePoint helps you recover email, database and documents instantly
- With automated scheduling of VMware vSphere backups, Vembu VMBackup offers near continuous data protection without affecting the production environment
Automated Backup Verification
Backups are not worthy if you unable to restore them during disaster. So, you should have the ability to run backup verification for all backed up VMs automatically. In such process, VMBackup automatically boots the backed up VMs and the screenshot details will be sent to admins through e-mail.
Quick VM Recovery
You can instantly launch the backed up virtual machines on VMware ESXi host, Hyper-V and KVM environment backup server. In the case of Windows based backup servers, Quick VM recovery can be done using with Hyper-V. For Linux based backup servers, it is done with the help of KVM.
Instant File Level Recovery
Individual files and folders can be instantly recovered from the backed up VMs without processing entire backup data.
Vembu Universal Explorer
Vembu Universal Explorer allows you to instantly restore individual items from Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint.
VMware Disk Level Restore
VMware disk level restore allows you to restore only required disks of the backed up VMware VM instead of recovering entire VMware backup. You can essentially restore any specific disks to the same VM or a different one.
Failover & Failback
During disaster in production environment, the replicated VMs will automatically get started on DR Host. Vembu VMBackup will maintain a temporary state for failover VM’s to keep the changes after starting the replica VMs. Also, you can either failover a Replica VM temporarily or permanently. VMBackup allows you to automatically map your production host network and IP address with the DR host network to avoid manual work while you are in midst of a disaster.
You can later failback the failover VM to the production host from the DR host. Also, you can either failback to an entirely new host/location or the same host.
Cross Hypervisor Migration (V2V)
Vembu allows you to have an in-built plan for your P2V and V2V migration so that you can easily migrate a physical Windows machine to VMware or Hyper-V with minimal downtime. Also you can migrate VMs from VMware to Hyper-V and vice versa.
Since VMware and Hyper-V backups are stored at block level in a neutral format, VMBackup allows you to instantly restore any incremental backup in any formats including VHD,VHDX, VMDK, Flat-VMDK or RAW. By using these virtual disks, you can migrate the backed up machines to ESXi host or Hyper-V or any hypervisors.
Efficient Storage Management
OffsiteDR Seed Migration
Offsite seed migration makes use of local storage drive to migrate the backup data from the local BDR server to an offsite server for the purpose of disaster recovery. As transferring the data using a local storage medium will reduce the bandwidth requirement and also the time required to transfer the data.
User Defined Password for Backup Data Encryption
The Backed up data can be protected from unauthorized access by providing a password which ensures additional security alongside the default AES-256 bit encryption.
Disk Management Mount
Disk management mount is an unique recovery feature of Vembu BDR Suite for VM & Windows Server backups, which will virtually mount the backed up data on the disk management of the local machine and users can granularly recover the required files instantly from the mounted virtual disks.
Native Tape Backup Support
With the native tape backup support of vembu, you can Implement the best known 3-2-1 backup strategy of having 3 copies of your data in 2 different storage media and 1 backup copy offsite. Vembu let the IT admins to store a copy of backup data on Tape media’s, which can be used for long-term archival and Disaster Recovery purposes.
With Vembu’s backup-level encryption, you can leverage the data security to next level by providing a separate encryption password for each and every backup job. All your sensitive data are safe with Vembu and it is necessary to enter the set password while restoring or modifying the backup jobs.