Most of the medium and large companies are moving their business critical servers to VMware vSphere environments to get the benefits of minimal downtime, better resource distribution, easier manageability and cost savings. Though VMware has inbuilt snapshot functionality to backup the VMs, it is not a complete backup solution as just snapshots alone cannot guarantee consistent backups with recovery points for months or years. Also, backing up VMware virtual machines by using any third party software or hardware vendors are typically more expensive and difficult to manage.
Vembu VMBackup is the most cost effective Backup and Disaster Recovery software which offers backup and replication for VMware vSphere hosts and vCenter servers at an affordable price point
- Host level VMware backup is designed to protect vSphere and vCenter environments using the VMware vStorage APIs (VADP)
- VM Replication ensures the high availability of VMs. It creates a redundant copy of VMs on another ESXi host, in a ready-to-start state
- The direct Hot-Add and SAN transport mode provide faster data transfer speed with less resource utilization. VMBackup will automatically analyze your environment and it will choose the appropriate data transfer mode
- VMBackup uses the application-specific VSS writers to take consistent snapshots of MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, MS Active Directory and MS SharePoint. Also, it truncates log files after successful backup schedules
- Agentless VMware Image Backup
- VM Replication for High Availability
- VMware Hot-Add and SAN transport mode for LAN-free data transfer
- CBT enabled incremental data transfer using VMware VADP
- Supports VMware vSphere v6 which includes VMware Virtual Volumes and Virtual SAN
- Quick VM Recovery
- Application-Aware Image Backups
- VembuHIVE File System, a File System of File Systems for efficient backup storage
- Flexible & Configurable Retention Policies
- Vembu Universal Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint
RPO and RTO less than 15 mins
Business continuity should not be disrupted during a disaster. So Vembu VMBackup offers a solution which should limit the downtime to minutes and also you can have a replica of your Data Center from where you can launch and run critical applications instantly during the disaster.
- You can instantly launch the backed up virtual machines without restoring it completely
- Instant File-Level Recovery
- Instant item-level recovery tools for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL & SharePoint helps you recover email, database and documents instantly
- With automated backup scheduling, VMBackup offers near continuous data protection without affecting the production environment
Automated Backup Verification
Backups are not worthy if you unable to restore them during disaster. So, you should have the ability to run backup verification for all backed up VMs automatically. In such process, VMBackup automatically boots the backed up VMs and the screenshot details will be sent to admins through e-mail.
Quick VM Recovery
You can instantly launch the backed up virtual machines on VMware ESXi host, Hyper-V and KVM environment. In the case of Windows based backup servers, VMs can be recovered instantly with Hyper-V. For Linux based backup servers, instant boot is done with the help of KVM.
Instant File Level Recovery
Individual files and folders can be instantly recovered from the backed up VMs without processing entire backup data.
Vembu Universal Explorer
Vembu Universal Explorer allows you to instantly restore individual items from Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint.
VMware Disk Level Restore
VMware disk level restore allows you to restore only required disks during recovery instead of the entire VM. You can essentially restore any specific disks to the same VM or a different one.
Failover & Failback
During a disaster in the production environment, the replicated VMs will automatically get started on DR Host. Vembu VMBackup will maintain a temporary state for failover VM’s to keep the changes after starting the replica VMs. Also, you can either failover a Replica VM temporarily or permanently. VMBackup allows you to automatically map your production host network and IP address with the DR host network to avoid manual work while you are in midst of a disaster.
You can later failback the failover VM to the production host from the DR host. Also, you can either failback to an entirely new host/location or the same host.
With Vembu VMBackup, a backed up VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine can be instantly migrated to any hypervisors like, Hyper-V or KVM.
Cross Hypervisor Migration (V2V)
Most IT managers are moving all their physical Windows servers to the virtual environment. Migrating a production Windows servers requires lots of manual work and the downtime cannot be affordable in such scenarios.
Vembu allows you to have an inbuilt plan for your P2V and V2V migration so that you can easily migrate a physical Windows machine to VMware or Hyper-V with minimal downtime. Also, you can migrate VMs from VMware to Hyper-V and vice versa.
Since VMware and Hyper-V backups are stored at block level in a neutral format, VMBackup allows you to instantly restore any incremental backup in any formats including VHD, VHDX, VMDK, Flat-VMDK or RAW. By using these virtual disks, you can migrate the backed up machines to ESXi host or Hyper-V or any hypervisors.
Efficient Storage Management
Vembu developed VembuHIVE – an efficient file system designed for large-scale backup and disaster recovery applications with support for inbuilt compression, deduplication & encryption. Since every incremental is a self-sufficient snapshot with pointers to the blocks in the VembuHIVE file system, any incremental is instantaneously available as a full backup. There is no extra processing to restore an incremental backup compared to a full backup (no need for a merge)
Building Virtual Labs from Storage Repositories
You could create your own virtual lab for testing virtual/physical machines without disturbing the production environment and that too without using any additional storage space. VMBackup allows you to launch the backed up machines directly from storage repositories without initiating the restore process. By using instant boot option, you can instantly launch the backed up VM on Hyper-V or ESXi host