Comprehensive and affordable backup solution for Microsoft Windows Servers and workstations
- Disk-Image based backup for Windows Servers and Workstations
- Backup the entire machine or a specific disk or volume
- Supports Bare-metal Recovery (BMR)
- Instant Boot VM Recovery (P2V)
- Instant File & Application-Item Recovery
- Automatic Backup Verification
- Centralized UI to configure, manage and restore backups
Backup your Windows Server at $6 per server/month and Windows Workstation at $1.5 per workstation/month
Vembu Backup for Microsoft Windows – Free vs Standard Edition
Backup your Windows machines at zero cost:
- Backup Unlimited Windows Server with limited features
- Backup up to 10 Windows Workstations with unlimited features
Full functionality edition for Microsoft Windows:
- Backup your Windows Server at $6 per server/month
- Backup your Windows Workstation at $1.5 per workstation/month
Microsoft Windows Backup – Feature Highlights
- Image-based backup of Windows Servers/Workstations running on physical and virtual platforms
- Backup the entire Windows Servers and Workstations or only selected disks/volumes of Windows machines
- Supports backup of MBR and GPT partitioned disks and the disks of size more than 2 TB of data in a Windows machine
- Vembu backup for Microsoft Windows supports the backup of both Basic and Dynamic disks in a Windows machine
- Deploy and manage Vembu Backup agents directly from the BDR backup server user interface
- Application-aware backup along with automatic Log Truncation for MS Exchange, SQL, AD and Sharepoint servers
- Vembu uses its proprietary Changed Block Tracking driver to take incremental backup after the initial full backup
- Flexibly scale your backup repositories as and when required through Scale-out repository feature of Vembu
- Automated Backup Verification to verify the data recoverability of the backed up Windows Servers and End-points
- Configure, restore and monitor the backup of Windows machines from a centralized web-based User Interface
- With Bare-Metal Recovery (BMR) restore the entire machine including operating systems, applications, and data to the same or new hardware
- Using Instant Boot VM (P2V) option restore the entire physical Windows machine as a VM on VMware/Hyper-V/KVM hypervisors
- Restore the corrupted volumes or disks of Windows Machines through the Disk/ partition level recovery option of Vembu
- Instantly restore files/folders from Windows Server backup without restoring the entire image of the Windows machine
- Granular restore of applications such as Microsoft Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, and SharePoint using free recovery tool of Vembu
- Flexibility to migrate Windows machines from a physical to a virtual platform to achieve cross-platform migration
- Built-in AES 256-bit industry grade Encryption Algorithm that encrypts the backup data in flight and at rest to ensure data security
- Vembu offers in-built compression of backup data without compromising on its integrity to control the storage space occupation
- Inbuilt deduplication of redundant data to reduce the storage space with an ability to scale as and when required
- Store a secondary copy of the backup data in an offsite location- Remote/Branch office, Cloud and archive it for years using Native Tape drives
What Our Customers Say
We have been using Vembu for years and the BDR suite is an example of the excellent software we have come to expect from Vembu. It has the features we are looking for, but most important of all, it is stable. We tried multiple vendors through the years until we finally came across his company. We stayed with them because when we need to do a restore and routine check, the backup data is there.
We have used other backup/DR tools in the past which have always failed when you need them most, we ended up doing the backups manually which became too much. We then found and tested Vembu and It’s so easy to use, we can connect remotely to keep an eye on the tasks and the whole setup is a joy to use. Support is also fantastic, they are quick at responding and very helpful and informative.
Supported Microsoft Windows Platforms
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 & above
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 & 8.1
- Windows 7
How does Vembu Backup for Microsoft Windows work?
- Vembu uses Microsoft VSS technology to take a snap of the entire Windows machine or a selected disk/partition
- The application-aware processing ensures a consistent database snapshot by quiescing the MS applications using Microsoft VSS APIs
- The initial backup is the full backup and the rest are only the incrementals (changes)
- The changes are captured at the block-level using the proprietary Changed Block Tracking (CBT) driver of Vembu to ensure faster backups at an RPO of 15 mins
Unique Backup features for Microsoft Windows
Disk Image Backup
Vembu offers Disk image based backup for physical Windows Servers and Endpoints with a flexibility to backup the entire Windows machine or a particular disk/volume.
- Supports backup for both Basic and Dynamic disks
- Also backups disks that are larger in size i.e. more than 2 TB in size
- Exclude system files during backup – pagefil.sys & hiber.sys using the advanced filter option
Advanced Near Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
The flexible scheduling policies of Vembu to backup Windows Servers and Windows desktops/laptops at an RPO of every 15 minutes helps to achieve near continuous data protection.
- Incremental Windows backup using proprietary Changed Block Tracking driver of Vembu to ensure faster backups and less data transfer
- Run backups on Hourly/Daily/Weekly basis
- Configure additional full backups on Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis
Businesses today run services and data on top of business-critical applications and the data protection solutions need to have the ability to interact with the application for consistent backups.
- Leverages Microsoft VSS technology to create consistent application backups
- Supported for Windows Servers running Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory
- Automatic Transaction Log Truncation to save the storage space
Flexible Retention Policies
Retention allows organizations to have control over the number of recovery points that are to be retained for a certain period of time by purging older recovery points of a backup job.
- The Basic and Advanced Retention Policies of Vembu helps to retain multiple recovery points that span for days to years
- Depending on business SLAs the retention policy can be varied by selecting the number of versions to be retained
- Also retain multiple number of Full backups
Automated Verification of Backups
Verifying backups is one of the most crucial steps as far as disaster recovery is concerned. Vembu BDR Suite provides an automated process for verifying backups in order to ensure data integrity.
- 3-tier of backup verification – Boot test, Mount test and Data Integrity test
- Automatically boots and tests the integrity of backed up Windows Servers/Workstations
- Screenshot of the booted machine is captured and sent to the admin via email
Multiple Recovery options for Windows Machine
The Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) feature of Vembu allows you to recover the complete physical Window Servers, Desktops and Laptops from the scratch. This Restoration process brings back the system to its previous state which was available before the occurrence of the disaster or system crash.
- Perform free Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) using Vembu Recovery CD
- Bare Metal Recovery also restores the supporting environment such as operating systems and applications in-order to rebuild the system
The Vembu backup for Windows Servers and Windows PCs allows you to instantly boot the entire physical machine as a virtual machine on a VMware/Hyper-V/KVM hypervisors.
- Physical to Virtual platform migration – (P2V)
- Meet RTO less than 15 minutes
- Similarly mount the disks of the backed up Windows machine virtually on the local server in couple of second using Disk Management mount recovery option of Vembu
The basic recovery operation is granular recovery of files/folders from an image based backup. Vembu ensures quick and easy recovery of files and folders directly from the backup data of physical Windows Servers/Workstations.
- Restore files/folders to the same or different location
- Restore the file/folders along with their file permissions
Recovery of Microsoft Applications
Vembu Universal Explorer Tool allows the item-level recovery of Microsoft applications in order to have granular control over the applications in Windows machines for free.
- Supported for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint and Active Directory
- Mount the backup data, browse and restore the application items directly from the Windows disk image backup
- Restore specific application items from the backup of Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, and Active Directory Server running on a physical or virtual Windows platform
Migrate the backed up physical Windows Servers/Workstations to a virtual environment (P2V) by downloading the appropriate virtual disk format i.e. VMDK, Flat-VMDK, VHD, VHDX and RAW to launch as a VM.
Robust Data Security & Management options for Windows
Higher Grade Backup Encryption
Vembu BDR Suite protects your backup data both in-flight and at-rest using industry-standard AES-256 bit encryption algorithms and also allows the user to add a second layer of authentication to protect the backup data with customized or system generated passwords.
Scale Out Backup Repository
Vembu BDR Suite supports different storage media such as Local drives, NAS (NFS and CIFS) and SAN (iSCSI and FC) as backup targets. Flexibility to scale the storage repositories as per the storage needs without constraints.
Software Defined Backup Storage
With Vembu you can create a software-defined logical storage pool by grouping one or more storage volumes that makes efficient use of all available storage provisioned for backup purposes with built in compression and deduplication.
Build Virtual Lab Environments
With the ability to boot the backed up Physical Windows Machines as VMs directly from backup storage, businesses can effectively build virtual lab environments that allows efficient provisioning of DEV/STG/Test environments on the fly.
DR support for Microsoft Windows Backup
Replicate a copy of the backup data to an offsite location i.e. a remote office/branch office datacenter to ensure extended data protection at times of unexpected disasters using Vembu Offsite DR server.
- Bandwidth throttling of network to limit its traffic during work hours
- Seed large amount of backup data to offsite locations to save bandwidth and time
Experience the power of Cloud by replicating a copy of business-critical data from Windows machine to Vembu Cloud, in order to access the data from almost anywhere. This Vembu Cloud resides in Amazon Web Services.
- Granularly restore the backup data from anywhere at any time
- Control replicating the secondary copy of data at work hours through Offsite Replication Window
Replication to Hybrid Cloud
Vembu BDR Suite allows you to replicate a copy of the backed up Windows machine to your own cloud storage that relies on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) by creating respective gateways through Offsite DR Server.
Native Tape Backup
Vembu offers Native tape backup support at both the primary and secondary location to archive Windows Server/Workstation backup for a longer period of time at a lower cost compared to other competitors in the market.
- Efficient and cost-effective long-term archival of data
- Helps to meet the best practice of 3-2-1 backup strategy