Vembu VMBackup makes the Hyper-V Backup easier and more reliable by developing an own proprietary driver. This driver along with the Microsoft VSS technology backup the Hyper-V VMs in an efficient manner especially with up to 5X improvement in performance over other backup software.
- Host-level Hyper-V backup is designed to protect the VMs on Microsoft Hyper-V Servers
- Supports the backing up of Hyper-V VMs located in Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volumes and Windows SMB share
- Inbuilt compression and deduplication will reduce the storage requirements of the backup data
- Hyper-V backups use application-specific Hyper-V VSS writers to take consistent snapshots of highly transactional applications like Exchange Server, SQL Server
- Easy replication of the backed up data to an offsite or cloud location for Disaster recovery
Feature Highlights of Hyper-V Backup
- Host-level efficient Hyper-V Server Backup
- Support backup of VMs Cluster Shared Volumes
- Vembu CBT Driver for high-performance incremental backups
- Hot Backup of Hyper-V ensures zero VM downtime
- Microsoft VSS technology for application consistency
- Quick VM Recovery for instant restoration
- Application-Aware Hyper-V VM Backups
- VembuHIVE of File Systems for efficient backup storage management
- Flexible & Configurable Retention Policies
- Vembu Universal Explorer for MS Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint
RPO and RTO less than 15 mins
- You can instantly launch the backed up virtual machines without restoring it completely
- Instant File-Level Recovery
- Instant item-level recovery tools for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL & SharePoint helps you recover email, database and documents instantly
- With automated backup scheduling, Hyper-V Backup offers near continuous data protection without affecting the production environment
Automated Backup Verification
Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs) backups are not worthy if you unable to restore them during disaster. So, you should have the ability to run backup verification for all backed up Hyper VMs automatically. In such process, VMBackup automatically boots the backed up Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs) and the screenshot details will be sent to admins through e-mail.
Quick VM Recovery
You can instantly launch the backed up Hyper-V virtual machines on VMware ESXi host, Hyper-V and KVM environment. In the case of Windows based backup servers, VMs can be recovered instantly with Hyper-V or VMware Environment. For Linux based backup servers, instant boot is done with the help of KVM.
Instant File Level Recovery
Individual files and folders can be instantly recovered from the backed up VMs without processing entire backup data.
Vembu Universal Explorer
Vembu Universal Explorer allows you to instantly restore individual items from Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint.
VMware Disk Level Restore
VMware disk level restore allows you to restore only required disks during recovery instead of the entire VM. You can essentially restore any specific disks to the same VM or a different one.
Failover & Failback
During disaster in production environment, the replicated VMs will automatically get started on DR Host. Vembu VMBackup will maintain a temporary state for failover VM’s to keep the changes after starting the replica VMs. Also, you can either failover a Replica VM temporarily or permanently. VMBackup allows you to automatically map your production host network and IP address with the DR host network to avoid manual work while you are in midst of a disaster.
You can later failback the failover VM to the production host from the DR host. Also, you can either failback to an entirely new host/location or the same host.
Cross Hypervisor Migration (V2V)
Vembu allows you to have an in-built plan for your P2V and V2V migration so that you can easily migrate a physical Windows machine to VMware or Hyper-V with minimal downtime. Also you can migrate VMs from VMware to Hyper-V and vice versa.
Since VMware and Hyper-V backups are stored at block level in a neutral format, VMBackup allows you to instantly restore any incremental backup in any formats including VHD,VHDX, VMDK, Flat-VMDK or RAW. By using these virtual disks, you can migrate the backed up machines to ESXi host or Hyper-V or any hypervisors.
Efficient Storage Management
Vembu developed VembuHIVE – an efficient file system designed for large scale backup and disaster recovery applications with support for in-built compression, encryption & deduplication. Since every incremental is a self-sufficient snapshots with pointers to the blocks in VembuHIVE file system, any incremental is instantaneously available as a full backup. There is no extra processing to restore an incremental backup compared to a full backup (no need for a merge)
OffsiteDR Seed Migration
Offsite seed migration makes use of local storage drive to migrate the backup data from the local BDR server to an offsite server for the purpose of disaster recovery. As transferring the data using a local storage medium will reduce the bandwidth requirement and also the time required to transfer the data.
Disk Management Mount
Disk management mount is an unique recovery feature of Vembu BDR Suite for VM & Windows Server backups, which will virtually mount the backed up data on the disk management of the local machine and users can granularly recover the required files instantly from the mounted virtual disks.
Native Tape Backup Support
With the native tape backup support of vembu, you can Implement the best known 3-2-1 backup strategy of having 3 copies of your data in 2 different storage media and 1 backup copy offsite. Vembu let the IT admins to store a copy of backup data on Tape media’s, which can be used for long-term archival and Disaster Recovery purposes.
With Vembu’s backup-level encryption, you can leverage the data security to next level by providing a separate encryption password for each and every backup job. All your sensitive data are safe with Vembu and it is necessary to enter the set password while restoring or modifying the backup jobs.