For businesses with VMware & Hyper-V environments having up to 10 CPU-Sockets or 100 VMs
- Agentless Backup & Replication for VMware VMs
- Host/Cluster-level backup for Hyper-V VMs
- Ensure RTO, RPO < 15 mins
- Flexible Scheduling and Retention Policies
- Instant recovery of backed up VMs within a few seconds
- Granular Recovery of Files & Application items
- Automatic Backup Verification
- Cross-Hypervisor Migration (V2V)
What is Vembu BDR Essentials?
Enterprise Essentials Edition
Standard Essentials Edition
Key Features of Vembu BDR Essentials
Agentless Backup & Replication
- Agentless VMware backup and replication for VMs running on ESXi host and vCenter Server environments
- Host/Cluster-level Hyper-V backup for VMs whose data resides on local storage, Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV), Storage Spaces Direct (S2D), SMB share – Standalone File Server, Clustered File Server & Scale-Out File Server (SOFS)
- Vembu leverages Microsoft VSS technology to create a consistent application state and perform a backup of the VMware and Hyper-V VMs that runs Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, or Oracle database inside it
- Also, it supports the automatic truncation of transaction logs and system file exclusion
Incremental Backups for VMware VMs – Vembu uses VMware Changed Block Tracking technology to perform incremental backups for VMware VMs
Incremental Backups for Hyper-V VMs – Vembu uses Resilient Change Tracking (RCT) and its proprietary Changed Block Tracking driver to perform incremental backup for Hyper-V VMs
Scale-Out Backup Repository – Vembu supports different storage media such as Local drives, NAS(NFS and CIFS), and SAN(iSCSI and FC) and you can scale-out storages as and when required.
Backup-Level Encryption – Vembu allows you to set and use a system-generated or user-defined password to encrypt your backup data using the AES-256 bit algorithm.
Granular Recovery – Recover only the required files, folders, or MS Application items directly from the backup without the need to restore the entire machine every time.
Cross-Platform Migration – Download your backed up VMs into different virtual file formats like VHD, VMDK, Flat.VMDK, VHDX, and RAW. The downloaded disks can later be used to migrate your backup VMs to different hypervisors or platforms.
Automatic backup verification – Vembu BDR Backup Server verifies the recoverability of the backed up VMware and HYper-V VMs with 3 tier automated backup verification – Integrity test, Boot test, and Mount test.
Vembu BDR360 Cloud – A centralized console for monitoring the backup jobs configured from multiple Vembu BDR Backup Servers and Offsite DR Servers. It generates extensive reports for the backup jobs and also offers other features like group management, email notifications.