Free File Backup of Workstations using Vembu NetworkBackup
Backing up workstations is as important as backing up a server, the businesses of all the sizes use workstations in their production environment. Data loss in a business may happen due to any of the reasons like system crash, hard disk corruption, power interruption, improper shutdown, accidental file deletion, etc. A data loss in these workstations may badly affect the productivity of a business.
Instead of backing up a whole workstation, only the files and applications which are necessary for the business productivity are alone can be backed up using the Vembu NetworkBackup free edition without any costs.
- Backup unlimited files, folders and applications of the workstations
- No restrictions on size of the files & folders planned for the backup
- Only the changes since the previous backup are alone backed up in the successive backup (incremental backup)
- Open files can also be backed up using Microsoft VSS snapshot technology for windows workstations
- AES 256-bit Encryption, both at-rest and in-flight
- Advanced Retention Policies
- Offsite or Remote Backup deployment
- Backup Microsoft Outlook from Windows Workstations
- Supports File level backup for Windows and Mac
Key Features of File Backup of Workstations Free Edition
Backup Files and Folders
Backup unlimited files and folders from your Windows Desktops, Laptops and Mac machines without any feature restrictions. After initial full backup only the modified data will be backed up by Vembu NetworkBackup agent.
Secure Data Transfer
To ensure the security of the business data, it will be encrypted using the AES 256 bit encryption algorithm before it leaves the source machine. The BDR backup server may be deployed locally or in remote office, the backup data will be transferred only after encryption in the source machine.
Advanced Retention policies
The administrators can retain any number of backup versions by selecting the appropriate backup retention policy as per the requirement. They can choose version-based retention or time-based retention or both, for the configured backup job. Vembu NetworkBackup also provides the retention policies for the deleted files also. So, you can specify how long do you wish to keep the deleted files on the storage targets.
Vembu NetworkBackup provides an option which allows you to take full backup locally and transferring the full backup data to the remote backup server through any secondary medium such as external hard drive or a flash drive. Seed backup prevents a large amount of data to be transferred through the internet which takes more time and consumes large amount data.