Efficient Backup Storage Management
Scale As You Grow
As your company grows, your IT infrastructure expands and the business data you deal with also increases. To address the evolving scaling requirements of the organization, Vembu BDR Suite provides the flexibility to scale-out storage when business demands. This doesn’t cause any disruption to current infrastructure and lets you add storage devices without any constraints.
Scale-out Storage Repository
Vembu supports different storage media such as Local drives, NAS (NFS and CIFS) and SAN (iSCSI and FC) as backup targets.
You can also flexibly scale your storage repositories as per the storage needs without constraints.
The BDR backup server automatically uses the newly added storages to store the incremental backup data.
You can group multiple storage volumes into a single entity, i.e., you can aggregate the free space available from different volumes and use them to store backups.
This ensures that there is no wastage in the disk space of any volume.
VembuHIVE File System
- Vembu BDR backup server uses its own patented cloud file system – VembuHIVE for efficient storage management. In a nutshell, VembuHIVE is a virtualized file system overlaid on top of your existing file system with utilities that mimic other OS file systems.
- Supports in-built encryption, compression, deduplication, version control, and error correction, for storing the backup data.
- Reduces RTO allowing you to instantly spin the backup data (VMware Backup, Hyper-V Backup, Disk-Image Backup) as a VM on VMware/Hyper-V/KVM directly from the encrypted, deduplicated and compressed backup files.
- Restore the required files/folders or application items from VM/physical machine image backup at a granular level.
- Allows you Mount and extract your backups instantly in multiple file formats such as VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG that can be used to perform cross-platform or cross-hypervisor migration easily.