- What is Vembu BDR Essentials?
Vembu BDR Essentials is an exclusive license package for businesses having backup requirements up to 10 CPU Sockets or 100 VMs. Vembu BDR Essentials is applicable for VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- How is Vembu BDR Essentials licensed?
The licenses can be availed at the CPU Socket level or VM level.
The CPU socket based license is based on the number of physical CPU-Sockets on the VMware/Hyper-V host that is to be backed up. This lets you backup any number of VMs running on that host.
- What if my requirement exceeds 10 CPU sockets?
If your requirement exceeds 10 CPU sockets, then you need to purchase the license of Vembu BDR Suite.
- Are there any restrictions on the number of cores on the sockets?
There is no restriction based on the number of cores in the CPU.
- For socket-based licensing, are there any limits on the number of virtual machines?
There are no such limits. The socket based licenses let you protect the unlimited number of virtual machines from the host.
- What are the licensing models available for Vembu BDR Essentials?
Licenses for Vembu BDR Essentials is available in two models – Subscription and Perpetual. The subscription license is available in 1, 2, 3 and 5 year’s model and the perpetual license is valid for 10 years from purchase.
- For a subscription licensing model, what level of support do I get?
Vembu offers standard 24×5 technical support to all customers using Vembu BDR Suite of products with subscription licenses. In addition to our standard support, we also offer premium support (24×7) to adjust your support levels as your business grows and evolves.
- For the perpetual licensing model, what is the Annual Maintenance Cost (AMC) for Vembu BDR Essentials?
AMC for the first year is free and from the second year, it is 20% of the license cost of Vembu BDR Essentials and you can avail for 1, 2 or 3 years.
Vembu BDR Essentials FAQ Balaji