Vembu BDR backup server uses its own patented cloud file system – VembuHIVE, that serves as the foundation of all the functionalities. This file system allows you to mount and extract your backups (physical/virtual machines) instantly in multiple file formats such as VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG which can be used to perform Cross-Platform migration (P2V, V2P) or Cross-Hypervisor migration (V2V).
Migrate to Hyper-V environment
- Backup the physical/virtual machines that you would like to migrate to Hyper-V environment. With Vembu BDR Suite, you can convert a VMware VM to Hyper V or physical windows machine to Hyper V.
- Once the backup is completed, download the VHD or VHDX files created for the respective physical/virtual machines backup.
- Now, move the files to Hyper-V storage and use the data to create a VM that permanently migrates your physical/virtual machines to Hyper-V.
Migrate Hyper-V VMs to other Hypervisors
- Vembu BDR Suite also supports conversion of Hyper-V VMs to other hypervisors like VMware, VirtualBox, KVM, etc
- You will need to download the backed up Hyper-V VMs data to the virtual format used by your target hypervisor.
- For example: You can easily convert a VM from Hyper-V to VMware by downloading the backup data into VMDK or Flat.VMDK file and use this disk file to migrate your Hyper-V VM to VMware ESXi. Similarly, you can also convert Hyper-V to VirtualBox by downloading the disk data into VHD format.