Some days ago we published here in Vembu blog what was new for the NSX 6.4.3, NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.3 release, meanwhile, just in a couple of months, VMware launched a new version for the NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.4.
In this NSX what is new, we do an update of what did change between these two versions in less than 3 months.
We have already discussed a lot about NSX in the previous post, in this summary, we only add some of the changes in this new release to complement the previous post.
Like we have informed in the previous blog post, NSX for vSphere is now known as NSX Data Center for vSphere.
VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.4 build 11197766
This new version fixes many issues from previous versions. The list is too long to list here, you can check here in VMware Resolved Issues.
Here are some of the essential issues fixed or new features added:
Networking and Edge Services
- Static Routes per Edge Service Gateway: increases from 2048 to 10,240 static routes for Quad Large and X-Large Edge Service Gateways
- The IP address of VMs not published to addrset when VMs added to the security group
- Multicast south to north traffic forwarding stops after upgrading from NSX 6.4.2 to 6.4.3 if underlying unicast routing is through static routes and HA mode is disabled
NSX Manager Resolved Issues
- Tech support bundle contains files with plain-text passwords
- After the NSX Manager reboot, NSX VIBs installation task is shown as continuously running in the UI on the Host Preparation tab
Password for postgres, rabbitmq are available in plain-text config files of tech support bundle and can be retrieved
EAM does not start the installation of NSX VIBs.
NSX User Interface
- VMware NSX – Functionality Updates for vSphere Client (HTML):
- Logical Switches
- Edge Appliance Management
- Edge Services (DHCP, NAT)
- Edge Certificates, Edge Grouping Objects
The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client:
In the Functionality Updates for VMware NSX for vSphere – UI Plugin for vSphere Client, what’s new?
NSX UI Plug-in for vSphere Client
- NSX for vSphere 6.4.4 introduces the following new features:
The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client: Logical Switches, Edge Appliance Management, Edge Services (DHCP, NAT), Edge Certificates, Edge Grouping Objects.
Regarding vCenter, vSphere, and Cloud Director versions that this new release supports, we can check the next VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
As we can check, only the old versions 6.0.x before U2 from vCenter and vSphere are not supported.
Known Issues for
For known issues, see the NSX for vSphere release notes for your version of NSX:
- Known Issues with Dark Theme introduced in vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1
vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1 introduced the ability to change color schemes in the vSphere Client to display the interface in a dark theme. Dark theme is not supported for VMware NSX functionality.
There is still some unsupported features using NSX UI Plug-in for vSphere Client. Please see Unsupported Functionality. This plugin is getting better and better and features not supported are getting shorter.
Final note: Before the upgrade to this new release, please check General Upgrade Notes.Like what you read? Rate us