With the recent release of VMware vSphere 7, there is a wide array of new features and enhancements that round out this version of vSphere.
VMware vSphere 7 comes with native Kubernetes. From this version, enterprises can run all their applications on a common platform using a combination of virtual machines, containers, and Kubernetes. Also, it delivers all the essential services for the modern hybrid cloud to run the existing enterprise applications. This brings a massive improvement in the work experience of the developers and operators.
Aside from these, there are improvements across the board especially in areas of Lifecycle Management, Security, Performance, and Resiliency.
Notably, the vSphere 7 announcement created a buzz among the users who use third-party backup vendors. They are looking forward to getting an update from their vendors to support vSphere 7 which will allow them to continue backup and replication of their VMware VMs without any hassle.
At Vembu, we have always strived to improve our product and to keep up with the latest technologies by providing support for every new platform release. While other backup vendors in the market are working on adapting its software to the new version of VMware, Vembu has now announced the support for VMware vSphere 7.
Vembu has released the latest version Vembu BDR Suite v4.2 update 1 that fully supports VMware vSphere 7. Click here to download the latest version of the Vembu BDR Suite.
Vembu BDR Suite is a comprehensive backup & disaster recovery solution designed to protect virtual (VMware, Hyper-V), physical (Windows, Linux & Mac), cloud workloads (AWS, Azure), and SaaS applications (Office 365, G Suite).
Let’s look into detail about Vembu Backup and Replication for VMware:
- Agentless VM Backup & Replication – With Vembu, you can back up and replicate VMware virtual machines on ESXi host and vCenter Server without installing any agent inside each VM.
- Flexible Backup/Replication Scheduling – Run backups or Replicate as frequently as every 15 minutes to achieve low RPO. You can also schedule on an Hourly/Daily/Weekly basis.
- Incremental Backups – Vembu utilizes VMware CBT, to perform incremental backups.
- Application-Aware Backups – Create application-consistent backups of VMs running Microsoft Exchange, SQL, AD, Sharepoint, and Oracle database.
- Instant Boot VM – Resume operations of your crashed VM with instant recovery and meet RTO<15 minutes.
- Granular Recovery – Instantly restore required files/folders or MS application items without restoring the entire VM.
- Automatic backup verification – Your backups are verified for recoverability with a 3-tier test – Boot, Mount, and Data Integrity test.
- Offsite Copy/Disaster Recovery – Create a copy of your backups to a local remote site or Public clouds: AWS/Azure/Google or Vembu Cloud or Tape drives for disaster recovery purposes.
With Vembu BDR Suite – Free Edition, you can backup and protect Unlimited VMware VMs at zero cost. The free edition includes Full-feature for up to 10 VMs and limited features for the rest of the VMs.
Refer to the Release Notes of this version to know more about the new features, enhancements, known issues, and limitations.
Interested in trying the Vembu BDR suite? Download and Try 30-day free trial
Got questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers.